If your venue or space is large enough to accommodate a lounge, we highly recommend giving your guests a little spot to catch their breath and relax! A lounge is both fun and practical. While it may seem a bit unusual to provide your guests with something akin to a living room, what we have found is that you are harboring a space for guests to share memories, laugh about the evening, and recall the past! Trigger their future memories of your event with a special space suited to your style. Be it a wedding, corporate event or fundraiser…a well designed lounge space is sure to wow your guests.
Lounge design 101 | Tricks of the trade:
1. Amp up the Guest Nice-ities: Since the idea is to encourage guests to sit back and relax, be sure to amp up what we call Guest Nice-ities. Provide them with delicious treats (thanks Fromagination for your charcuterie centerpieces), they’ll need a place to set a drink, and encourage them to stay awhile by including pillows and throws.
2. Layer, layer, layer: Have you ever seen a failed attempt at a lounge area? The sad little sofa alone in the corner with a bare coffee table in front of it? If you’re going to create a lounge space, do it right! Add elements such as rugs and pillows to take the sofa and coffee table a step further. Rugs help to ground the set up, here our maroon blue rug makes a wonderful landing pad for our two grey MCM sofas, Ryan coffee table and leather ottomans. Textiles and upholstered furniture help to soften the wood in this industrial venue.
3. Add greenery: The below image is layered with our Moroccan wedding throw, adding texture right along side the potted plant (brought in from our showroom).
Adding greenery, a plant or centerpieces in order to bring some of the outdoors in will make this space cozy! The Blumen Garden Center is quite literally a venue within a garden center. I imagine the plants are super fresh here! And what better element to make sure to bring inside the lounge space?
We love how Bliss styled the pieces at this birthday bash! Some of our rustic rentals helped seamlessly transition into our more classical pieces like the Chesterfield sofas. It is amazing how the use of pillows helps to integrate the existing bench seating into the sofas. We love to have those common elements that link the whole grouping to the venue or event theme. This is common thread thinking at its very best!
5. Embrace your environment: The below image from a corporate fundraiser taking place at Wisconsin Aviation plays up the natural lighting by incorporating something with a shine. (After seeing the below image, we firmly believe our Wassily inspired chairs should go wherever the Barmadillo goes!) Keep in mind elements from your venue and work a hint of wood, or color from the space into the styled grouping of furniture. Be bold and throw in a color pop to a mostly neutral environment.
6. Mix + Match: Use modern pieces with a vintage element brought in. This will create interest, and who knows – could be a conversation starter. Let our storied pieces become a part of your stories for this generation and the next ones!
7. Add candles (if your venue allows)… Who doesn’t want to sit around a candle lit lounge area? Amiright?!